Friday, May 15, 2009

New kid on the block

Hello, and welcome to my first blog post….yes, I know the name “Lerbics world” isn’t great, but imagination isn’t my strongpoint…

For a long time, getting on for 3 years now, I’ve been reading blogs, the vast majority of which are WoW, MMO, or gaming blogs, it’s been my lunchtime entertainment at work ever since I realised the company canteen was expensive and started bringing sandwiches to eat at my desk….but until very recently, I never considered writing one…so why start now ?

Well, just recently, a lot of the “stars” of the WoW blogging world have stopped, I wont list them here because plenty of other bloggers have already made posts about them…and if I try to name them, I’ll miss someone out…if you read wow blogs, you’ll know who I am talking about
Well...I wont be able to fill their boots directly, but I can perhaps offer something else for people to read on their own lunchtime breaks….I hope

Also, I used to write a lot of wow related stuff in emails to some friends….a few of us at work used to play in the same guild, and one of the things I enjoyed about that was the email banter about “last nights raid” over email the next day….we moaned about the bad, and celebrated the good, we critiqued each others performance, sometimes seriously, sometimes in a joking way….but whatever we wrote, it was me that had the tendancy to write the “wall of text”, others more prone to one liners…..
But…as I will write about in the future, those days are gone, due to a variety of different circumstances, most of those friends no longer play in the same guild as me, so we don’t do that as much any more…its just not the same if you aren’t on the same runs….

Blogging seems like a decent substitute…an outlet for me to write walls of text about WoW

In addition, as you’ll discover in a few posts (assuming I actually get some readers that are interested) I recently joined a new guild, and that guild has some bloggers in it…..I already read their blogs, in fact that’s the reason I’m in that guild, but in any case, I’m finding them even more interesting reading what they have to say when its about people I know, experiences I’m sharing (I’m hoping I can get a more or less instant readership of a couple of people too)

Why precisely now for my first post?….well I’ll write specifically about this later, but basically I’m bored, and right now this minute as I'm writing this, some 3 days before its published, I have an evening with nothing better to do !

How will it pan out ? I may write 6-7 posts and stop, I may write every day, I may write one a month, maybe even less, I may write only about WoW, maybe about other things, maybe my posts will be long walls of text, maybe some short ones will creep in, I genuinely dont know…but that doesn’t matter right now, what matters is I’m here, and I’m going to try to make a go of it….

Over the next few posts I’ll endeavour to introduce myself, explain my background in gaming/WoW and talk about my recent experience in my new guild

Thanks for reading this first post, and I hope it was interesting enough to make you come back for more…..watch this space

2 comments:

Larísa said...

Yay! I can't say welcome to the Blogosphere since you've been around as a commenter and reader for a while, but welcome to join the crew that actually provide the blogs! I'm really, really looking forward to see your perspecitve of the game, especially since you seem to be a good writer. I definitly hope this won't stop at five posts... Just give me a few more and you'll end up at my blogroll! Hopefully a few more will find their way to your world then!

Lerbic said...

Thanks Larisa

I knew you'd find me ! I didnt even have to tell you where I was :)