Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Will I ever learn ?

I caught myself doing this again a few days ago, and I though “when will I learn ?”

I’m farming eternals in WG, walking between the elite mobs with guaranteed drops of crystallised, 2 normal mobs, one left, one right….I take a second to judge the gap, try to stand exactly in the middle, so I wont agro either…..start attacking the elite, and suddenly….BOTH normals agro to me because in my desire to “save time” by not having to kill either of them, I’ve misjudged the distance and pulled both, AND of course the elite that just got a fireball in the face !
Of course now I have to kill 2 normals and an elite, which is doable of course, but takes a while….

It would be quicker to just take out one normal first, clear a path to the elite I actually need !

I know this….yet I do it anyway !

Similar things happen when I’m on my alts who can either herb or mine….I go for a node knowing there’s a mob close that I might agro, but instead of killing it first, I get 0.5s from finishing the gathering, and THEN it attacks me, which of course means I need to kill it first, then start the gather all over again !

Will I ever learn ?

2 comments:

Maniacles said...

What is there to learn, you'realready doing it the right way! I was exactly the same, I usually spent more time avoiding mobs, when it would have been quicker to kill them, simply because it seemed "better" in my mind that way. The funniest ones for me was when I would aggro a mob, run away until it stopped attacking me, then go back to the same mob for another go! But that was still better than killing it under my "logic"...

Larísa said...

Well, dear Lerbic...? Come on... some more posts now... You've got any time in the world, everything slowing down in summer... :)